Demo Version limitations:
- Non-commercial only
Network data is not encoded
(not even data send to the website, if you have setup a website for your queue)
- Some tools are not allowed to start in standalone mode
- The rrCloudManager is disabled.
- 4 clients only
How to install (short overview):
- Check the Requirements page first.
- Choose any workstation in your company and extract the zip file to any temp folder.
- Execute rrSetup_linux, rrSetup_win or rrSetup_osx (depending on the OS your workstation is running.
No matter which one you choose, it installs applications for all operating systems.
- Further/detailed information how to setup a basic test and a permanent installation are
via the RR help files
or via the Royal Render installation video: https://youtu.be/x7OuY6fxS3A
How to Update:
- An update it pretty simple.
In a nutshell:
Do NOT shutdown any RR application.
Download the updater and execute it.
For more information, please read our help page Update RR.
- If you want to run the installer/update from an macOS machine, then you have to follow these extra steps
At first, copy the downloaded zip into into any other directory than your default Download folder.
Extract it there.
- Then we cannot include the macOS setup app within the main zip package as it is not signed.
After you have downloaded and extracted the main installer package, please download the separate rrSetup.dmg.
Open it and copy the rrSetup app into the already extracted main package, right beside the rrSetup_win and rrSetup_lx.